The speed you can get depends on your address. With fiber optic internet, expect the same upload and download speed. With standard internet, the upload speed is slower than the download speed. Want to know more about our internet speeds? Then go to the internet page, where we tell you everything about it.
My internet keeps dropping, what should I do? It can happen, easily fixed. Read below our tips to improve your (fixed) internet. With this internet help, you'll quickly have a good connection again.
Here are some tips to improve your (fixed) internet:
- Check your connection:
- Make sure all cables are properly connected and there are no loose connections. Check if the modem is connected correctly.
- Restart your modem/router:
- Turn off your modem and router, wait at least 10 seconds, and then turn them on again. This often helps to resolve temporary issues.
- Place your modem/router in the right location:
- Put your modem/router in a central location in the house for better coverage. Avoid placement in enclosed cabinets, behind thick walls, or near electronic devices that can cause interference.
- Secure your Wi-Fi network:
- Use a strong password and encrypt your Wi-Fi network with WPA3. This prevents unauthorized access and helps optimize performance.
- Reduce interference:
- Other electronic devices, such as wireless phones and microwaves, can interfere with Wi-Fi signals. Place your router away from these devices.
- Use a wired connection:
- If possible, use a wired connection instead of Wi-Fi. An Ethernet cable generally provides a more stable connection.
- Check for malware and viruses:
- Ensure that all your devices are protected against malware and viruses, as these can affect the performance of your network.
If these tips don't work, contact our customer service.